LOWER SCHOOL ARTS
The Visual and Performing Arts stand out at St. John’s School. Every student has had or will have the opportunity to engage with their creative side whether it be through painting, singing, dancing, or performing. St. John’s School recognizes the need for the arts as they provide students with an outlet of creativity and exploration through self expression.
The Lower School and Middle School offer music classes, art classes, and dance classes to all students.
Lower School Art students are creative and purposeful artists!
Lower School Art Curriculum offers St. John’s School students with immersive experience on the basic elements of art.
Lower School students are effective communicators through dance!
Lower School Dance has a modern and progressive curriculum that will surely be a fully engaging experience of every elementary St. John’s School student.
Students in Lower School Music are budding musicians with sound fundamentals and are trained performers!
Lower School Music has an eclectic approach to introducing St. John’s School students with basic theory and early instrumental playing.
Lower School Beginner Orchestra students aim to play solo music pieces and to be ready to join the Middle and High School Orchestra!
Lower School Beginner Orchestra is a class that aims to lead beginner string, woodwind, brass, and percussion St. John’s School students to ensemble playing.
- Students choose a string, or woodwind, or brass, or percussion instrument for which they focus on learning.
- They study and practice this instrument using an appropriate method book and assisted by their teacher and assistant coaches.
- They learn how to take care and clean their instruments.
- They study music pieces that they will perform on Christmas and Spring Concerts.
- They extend their basic study of their instrument by taking off- school lessons from community musicians.